Pauline, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor & Registered Pharmacist. Worked as Community pharmacist for 17 years.

Cocaine any legal medication to relieve cravings

I would like to know if there is any legal medication which can relieve cocaine cravings, I feel it's not fair. Why if you smoke cigarettes, you have NRT, Heroin Addicts have methadone - Alcoholics have vitamin b and diazepam Everyone says it is psychological without realising just how much effect the psychological brain has on the body.  
Main thing trying is WILLPOWER, it's like craving a cigarette x 1000 I hear.

Pauline :

The first thing is that we do not have a specific patch or remedy. However treatment is symptomatic to whatever the patient is usually short term benzodiazepine for anxiety and muscle tension.

Pauline :

If there is a co-existing problem with either alcohol or painkillers, then we can add in disulfiram or methadone depending on the need of the patient.

Pauline :

If the withdrawal is very bad, ideally the patient would be in a specialised clinic...this is usually a private service rather than NHS.

Pauline :

The initial presentation to the GP would usually involve a referral to the local Drug Problem Service for specific management including CBT and support.

Thank you kindly, I never wish cocaine addiction on my worst enermy.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
appreciate nice feedback like i have yourself?
Hi, thanks for your feedback, and the bonus too.