CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

Is there a way to get rid of burning mouth

Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.You may have something called Scalded mouth syndrome , also called burning tongue syndrome, burning lips syndrome, glossodynia and stomatodynia, which causes chronic burning pain in your mouth and may affect your tongue, gums, lips, inside of your cheeks, roof of your mouth, or widespread areas of your whole mouth. The pain may feel like you scalded your mouth.
Ths symptoms as listed on Mayo CLinic's web site:

"Symptoms of burning mouth syndrome include:

A burning sensation that may affect your tongue, lips, gums, palate, throat or whole mouth
A tingling or numb sensation in your mouth or on the tip of your tongue
Mouth pain that worsens as the day progresses
A sensation of dry mouth
Increased thirst
Sore mouth
Loss of taste
Taste changes, such as a bitter or metallic taste"

treatment varies according to the cause,of which can be many. Fungisides, Capsaicin and anti depressants are among treatments used for this disorder.

I hope this information helps you, please let me know if I can help you further;-)