Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management

After years of unsatisfactory treatments for severe RLS, involving

After years of unsatisfactory treatments for severe RLS, involving countless tablets, I commenced mono-therapy with daily 2mg Rotigotine patch two months ago, with 100% perfect results - I couldn't believe my good fortune. However, two days ago, my symptoms suddenly returned with a vengeance, for no identifiable reason. I have increased the dose to 4mg, with definite improvement, but I am far from being symptom free, as I have been over the last two month. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Health
Expert:  Valarie replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your question, and welcome. You may have to continue working with your physician in reaching your therapeutic level. The usual course is to start with a low dose and gradually increase the dosage until it is effective for you, and with minimal side effects. Here is a link for more information about this drug: Ritigotine