CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I have pin worms that have migrated into my sinuses and after

I have pin worms that have migrated into my sinuses and after using a nete pot to do a sinus cleanse they seems to migrate in droves into my throat...they feel like hair stuck in my throat... and I am constantly swallowning them... terrified to spit... I am not even sure they are pin worms.. I am in the middle of a cure Vermox.... and yet the throat sensations and actual feeling like tiny fibers moving around are still there.. please help.. I am panicking and have never had anything like this in my life... They seem to be migrating behind my wisdom teeeth in the cavity behind my cheeks when I take tincture...
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Why do you think that you have pin worms?

CamilleRN :

Are you currently taking any medications ( apart from the worm remedies)?

Customer:

I went to my doctor yesterday and we saw 2 in my underpants that she matched to a photo of a pin worm.. They were breeding in my labia and looked like tine V-shapes.. and then grow to look fatter and c-shaped... I have had an itch for months and nose itching as well and never even knew this cold be parasites... Today as I write I am constantly swallowing down hairy things.. this is totally making me crazy.. I am a health professional (natural health and wellness) and teach hot yoga...

Customer:

are you there? I had so much sneezing (and never had any allergies in my life) Once I did the nasal cleanse they seemed to migrate to the back of my throat.. Today it is less... but I still feel them when I swallow.. please tell me what to do.. I do not trust my doctor who really didn't know much about this..

Customer:

no other medications...

CamilleRN :

Do you suppose that knowing this may be making the symptoms worse?If you have pin worms in the intestines this does not mean you have pinworms in your sinusses or any where else.

Customer:

Then what is in my nose and throat? they are thread like... tranlucent...

Customer:

I can roll them in between my fingers... I am a sane 59 yr old healthy woman...

CamilleRN :

I think what ever you are seeing in your nose needs to be evaluated by a Physician to see what it is. Pinworms , I want to tell you..are easily cured with medication.

CamilleRN :

Try to calm down and not be worried.......

CamilleRN :

What did the Dr say about the nose?

Customer:

I am on the medication... now.. and they symptoms have ceased in the intestines.. it is this other thing I am asking about...the doctor said that itchy nose goes with pinworms.. tranferrred eggs by hand to the nose..

Customer:

the throat has me crawling out of my skin though... so many of them in there..

Customer:

ok I don't think you can help me.. I appreciate you listened... this could be beyond conventional medical things...

CamilleRN :

If they do spread to your nose by your hands...they can not live there.. they will die

CamilleRN :

Once you have completed treatment for the pinworms they will be GONE

CamilleRN :

I hope it is a comfort to you to KNOW that they can not live in your nose..or your wisdom teeth

CamilleRN :

Are you still there?

Customer:

ok...i just thought maybe you'vehard about this before... sinus parasites.. I cough them up... can't tell if they are comng up from my stomach or down from my sinuses.. (and I am not parapsychotic btw:)

Customer:

good to know about the pin worms...

Customer:

cost me 200 dollars out of pocket yesterday (no insurance) and she didn't even look in my throat.... just gave me the script for the Vermox... we shall see in three days what happens..

CamilleRN :

they can only live in the intestines but you can ingest them over and over via larva on your hands

CamilleRN :

but now that you are on medication, this will soon be history.

Customer:

ok thanks....