RK, Doctor
Experience:  MD, DM.

Over the last 12 years my cancer has returned 6 times (NHL)

Over the last 12 years my cancer has returned 6 times (NHL) and I have had a lot of Chemo, last month i finshed the last session of a 2 year course of Mabthera (3 monthly) my neutropenia levels have been in the region of .1 & .2 for nearly 2 years I now need to have a Bowl operation to remove a section of the bowl due to Diafiticulitus. Is there anything i can do to increase my levels as they are not to keen to do the op because of my neutropenia. I am in regular contact with my Oncologist, my Surgeon and my aneathatist who are waiting to see if the count goes up over the next 3 months, but if an emergency arises then we all have no choice I am 55 Years old

Mr Abby Taleb
Category: Health
Expert:  RK replied 5 years ago.
The medication granulocyte - colony stimulating factor improves the neutrophil count.
You can discuss with your doctor about this medication and get your count increased.