CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

taking a fiber tablet every day so no more back up but still bloated

Customer Question

Was constipated 2 months ago. used laxatives for 2 weeks and now i am taking a fiber tablet every day so no more back up but still bloated. what is the difference between bloating and weight gain. i am a 36 year old female. my last pap was 2 months ago and normal. for the past 4-5 months i have been bloated at least 3 weeks out of every 4. i practice yoga 2xs a week and walk for 30-60 min the other 5 days and try to do 150-200 sit ups a night. after 35 it seems my body is going you know where. i can squeeze an inch or two on either side and my stomach is no longer flat. Sometimes my stomach feels tight on the inside but touching it it feels full. I almost feel 9 months pregnant again but look 3. I have had some fatigue but feel better after yoga and seeing chiropractor. I do not feel nauseated. I have no sensation telling me I am thirsty but I am trying to drink at least a bottle of water a day.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.Bloating can happen for a few different reasons, hormonal changes can cause fluid retention, you may be eating/drinking something you are sensitive to that is causing swelling in the intestines, you may have IBS. ..................

CamilleRN :

Irritable bowel syndrome( IBS) is a term given to a functional bowel disorder that can cause constipation, diarrhea , either or… or both.. Try this, drink least 8 glasses of water per day. Purchase Bio- K ( available in the cold case of health food stores) , which is an excellent probiotic that will not only help with regularity but also improve your immune system, also purchase Benefiber..( Over the counter) and take it per package directions. This combined with Bio K will promote regular, productive, well formed, easy to pass stools and help eliminate abdominal bloating and gas.

JACUSTOMER-f1t66yav- :

i keep thinking about ovarian cancer - and am hoping to put my mind at ease

JACUSTOMER-f1t66yav- :

i also have a minor mitrovalve issue and get the shakes if i eat too much sugar to caffine - i was wondering if there is something off on my digestive tract

CamilleRN :

That would be a very late sign...when was your last exam by your gyno?

JACUSTOMER-f1t66yav- :

2 months ago - it came back normal but i heard that a regular pap smear does not screen for ovarian cancer

CamilleRN :

If it were Ovarian Cancer, two months ago your Doctor would have been able to feel your ovary being enlarged

CamilleRN :

I think you should try the Bio- K / benefiber

CamilleRN :

Hopefully that will really help you

JACUSTOMER-f1t66yav- :

thank you - i tend to freak a little - have a good night!

CamilleRN :

You are very welcome:-)