DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

Approx 1 year, I developed tennis elbow due to a work injury.

Approx 1 year, I developed tennis elbow due to a work injury. Shortly after on same arm, was holding product which bounced off concrete floor; sending pain shooting down my forearm and down to my thumb & forefinger, numbing these 2 fingers.

Since then, tennis elbow has stopped hurting but pain still persists in bend of inner elbow, bicep pain, and forearm pain which has continued to hurt for past year when pulling, lifting, repetitive motions, etc. The heavier the object, the greater the pain.

MRI was performed (w/out dye) but everything looks normal in muscle, tendons, etc.

XRay also shows no broken bones.

Could something have happened to a nerve or what would you suggest?

Thanks!
Hello
You need an MRI of the neck
The arm is ok and this is nerve pain which can be coming from a disc.
This is often overlooked.
see a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor...PM&R who can diagnosis this correctly
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

One more thing, somebody also recommended a EMG - is this similiar to your above mentioned MRI?

Thanks and have a great evening!

The MRI shows the picture of what is going on
The EMG if there is nerve conduction difficulty from the spine to the muscle.

So the PM&R doc would decide which you need more or if you need both.
good luck