Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I have had nausea for the last month or so and diarreah for

I have had nausea for the last month or so and diarreah for the last 4 weekends.. i haven't gone to a doctor. just wondering what may be the cause
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.

DR HASAN :

HI

DR HASAN :

Thanks for your question

DR HASAN :

Is there any blood or mucus in stool?

DR HASAN :

Do you have fever?

Customer:

No blood, i dont know about musus, maybe.. no fever.

DR HASAN :

how did this started?

Customer:

well.. it just happened.. i was sitting around, didnt feel like i needed to go to the bathroom at all.. and it just happened.. it was violent.. and every weekend since i have had diarreah. and been very nauseaed on and off all month

DR HASAN :

ok

DR HASAN :

Have you tried anything so far?

DR HASAN :

except immodium

Customer:

no. I dont know what to try

DR HASAN :

ok thanks for your input

DR HASAN :

Well my advise is to stop immodium as this can let waste matters stay in the intestines which further cause damage

DR HASAN :

mostly these episodes are due to viral infections

DR HASAN :

but soon get complicated by bacterial

DR HASAN :

mostly they go away in 5 days

DR HASAN :

but you have it for month so this can be bacterial gastroenteritis

DR HASAN :

you should visit octor to get stool R/E, Stool culture and stool for ova cysts and parasites

DR HASAN :

Till you visit you should drink lot of fluids like gatorade

DR HASAN :

should eat BRAT diet

DR HASAN :

its banana, rice, apple sauce and toast

DR HASAN :

YOu can take OTC Tab Domperidone thrice daily to help the nausea

DR HASAN :

but no to immodium

Customer:

yeah i tryed that.. but only on the weekends when i do have the diarreah

DR HASAN :

that can be due to change in your diet or related to some alcohol if you take

DR HASAN :

but this still applies on the test

DR HASAN :

and they should be done

DR HASAN :

your thoughts?

Customer:

well i do drink on weekends sometimes.. but over the last month or more i haven't felt well enough to, with nausea and bowels. would the bacterial gastroenteritis cause nausea too?

DR HASAN :

yes it can cause this

DR HASAN :

you should strictly watch your diet and drinks on weekends and hopefully you will find an answer because the cause lies there

DR HASAN :

and nothing serious is associated with this

Customer:

Okay, i will, should i still see my family doctor for tests?

DR HASAN :

try the suggestions for one more week and see if they help

DR HASAN :

otherwise visit

DR HASAN :

but NO NO NO to immodium

DR HASAN :

I wish you good luck

Customer:

okay thank you very much!

DR HASAN :

please ask for any query and remember to click accept

DR HASAN :

Regards

DR HASAN :

GET WELL SOON

Customer:

thanks

DR HASAN :

:)

Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery