DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

I am very worried about my wt gain. I play tennis 3-4 times

I am very worried about my wt gain. I play tennis 3-4 times a week after tennis I walk a mile. Sometimes I walk from home to the track firld to do the mile. It seem that the fat is my stomach and sometime it is painful. I am thinking too much about cancer and kidney trouble. My Dr. nurse phone to tell me to drink more water and to increase my metformin
500mg. Do I need to worry about anything now? After i received the message abut the banana,watermelon and my raisian bran cereal I shouldn't have all that bad stuff on board.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 5 years ago.
what is your exact question at this point
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Should I worry as mucn as I have been over a week now with my sugar being up since I am not on that breakfact kick eating watermelon,bananas, and raisin bran cereal?
how high
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Doctor, I am sorry that it took so long but just now my blood surgar was 120 this is the first day that it was within my normal range. I was running 140 or more but I learn from you guys that watermelon, banana, and raisins bran was not good for me to eat. I am not big on food, unless I got out to eat,

Thank you

you are fine
but would you like to lose the weight and reverse the diabetes as much as possible?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes I would. My avg, wt# XXXXX 125-130 now I am at 145.

see the book
Dr Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes
This will show you the diet that will stabilize sugar so you can reach ideal weight

Also the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman

The diet, in order of preference in quantity, should look like this
leafy greens
green veggies
other veggies
whole fruit, beans and peas
Whole grains no yeasted breads, dry cereals or anything refined
Seeds and nuts, but cut out seeds if you have any diverticulosis.
A little tofu or tempeh daily
A little high quality soy or coconut milk yogurt

The soluble fiber in this strategy will stabilized colon function in about 6 to 8 weeks, then about 2 or three helpings of animal foods a week, preferably fish, can be added back.

good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please Click Accept to give answer credit so I am compensated for time and expertise. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.