Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Hello - I am wondering your thoughts on a pain I am having

Customer Question

Hello - I am wondering your thoughts on a pain I am having on the right side of my neck. It goes from under ear to around near where my adams apple would be(If I had one) It doesnt hurt when I push on it or manipulate it. I feel it thorughout the day but not all the time. I felt a ache in my right ear when I lay down. Had a MRI soft tissue -no contrast- but all findings were negative? My doctor told me he couldnt do anything else for me- had no idea- what do you recommend I do now to find out what this pain is? I had gotten migranes in the past -that has seemed to subside and now I have this pain- ??
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 5 years ago.

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

It sounds that your neck pain may be related to your neck position.

Anthony Bray MD :

The MRI shows structural changes but it has to be of a certain size for the MRI to detect a problem.

Anthony Bray MD :

If you had a stretched or pinched nerve in the neck in certain positions then an MRI may not always pick this up. (It would pick up a ruptured disck for example)

Anthony Bray MD :

You may benefit from a cervical support pillow with the idea to keep your neck in a more neutral position.

Anthony Bray MD :

A chiropracter may benefit you in this particular situation.

Anthony Bray MD :

Using an anti-inflammatory may be of some help.

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions/information or discussion.

Anthony Bray MD :

I will be happy to get back with you.

Anthony Bray MD :

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD