CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.

ive been having this dull, achy, pressure like pain on the

i've been having this dull, achy, pressure like pain on the top, right, frontal part of my head for the past 2 weeks. it is never painful enough to interfere with daily activities and kind of comes and goes thru out the day. it is more of an annoyance then anything. i am a 26 yr old female with no other symptoms and have just suffered from the occaisonal tension headache in the past
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 5 years ago.

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.

You May have migraine headaches. Migraines result from a combination of blood vessel enlargement and the release of chemicals from nerve fibers that coil around these blood vessels. During a migraine, an artery enlarges that is located on the outside of the skull just under the skin of the temple (temporal artery). it can , but doesn't always cause a release of chemicals that cause pain, numbness, tingling, dizziness, nausea, and more. Migraines can last for extended periods of time... even weeks. Headaches that last like this really need to be investigated. A Neurologist is the one who will be able to help pinpoint the cause and determine if it is migraines, as well as come up with a plan to help you. IN the mean time,Try resting in a dark quiet room... if you can take it, ibuprofen according to package directions is much more effective than tylenol.. also I would recommend alternating hot and cold packs to the back of your well as smelling some eucalyptus/peppermint oil.. together or individually, just for a second. I hope this information helps you, please let me know if I can help you further:-)