Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician

71 Year Old female. Fell backwards over into a shower stall.

71 Year Old female. Fell backwards over into a shower stall. Landed hard on her bottom. Has been 6 days. Had x-ray of lower back and dr said he could not see a fracture. Taking Hydrocodone and doing ice pack for pain. Question I guess is Could she have damaged or bruised something else inside her body that could be causing such pain? Each day she seems to be getting worse as far as pain.
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how will you grade the pain?
Is she having numbness in thigh/ leg?
Is the pain continuous?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Pain 7 continuously . Laying on back 10. Pain med will knock the edge off. No numbness.
It is possible that she may be having - soft tissue injury or a small tendon injury. Such injuries can not be diagnosed in X-Ray and it is diagnosed with CT/ MRI of affected part.
She will be given- steroid pill and strong prescription anti-inflammatory pills.
Also to reduce inflammation she need to go for various modalities of physical therapy , it includes - Infra red therapy, Wax therapy, Short wave diathermy. These will decrease pain and swelling of the soft tissue.
I advise that she should not delay and see doctor urgently for clinical evaluation and get it managed.

Let me know if you have more questions . Please click Green "ACCEPT" button on this page so that I get credit for my work.
Your Positive feedback and BONUS are always welcome.