Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

my shoulder blade..pain down my arm and headaches

Customer Question

i am a 33 year old female that has been suffering from chronic pain for almost 3 years. I have seen countless Drs. had every kind of test done etc. the pain is in my back ( I seem to have swelling near the left side of my spine that goes up my shoulder blade resulting in tingling pain down my arm and headaches. This is all on my left side of my body. Right now I am on cymbalta b/c i was in a serious depression not knowing where the ain was coming from? and i take nucybta 100mg up to 4x a day if needed. But overall I just feel so crappy all teh time, not one day goes by where i wake up and say i feel great!. I also wake up congested and just tired! and of course I have been to like 4 ENT Drs to rule out any sinus issues. I am also seeing a chiropractor 2x a week and i receive therapy massages that provide some relief...botXXXXX XXXXXne no Dr has been able to find anything wrong wiht me? So i am thinking? either I am crazy? or i have soemthing that is hard to diagnose? i have been reading alot and of course I think i have every diease in the book. what kind of Dr treats joint and muscle inflammation? not sure even what to call it? or what advice would you have for me?

also my chiropractor tells me my left rib cage seems to be "popping" out every few days which causes pain and maybe taht could be teh result of the inflammation?

Thanks! Allie
Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

you need a Rheumatologist.....

have you seen one?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes i figured that eventually.....but any thought as to what I could be suffering from?

Thanks allie

Expert:  911Doctor replied 5 years ago.
Have you been tested for Lupus, Scleroderma, and Rheumatoid arthritis? Have you been evaluated for fibromyalgia?