Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK

I suffered a small punture on the back of my head..Bleeding stopped

Some weeks ago I suffered a small punture on the back of my head. No stitches required and didn't seek medical attention. Bleeding stopped in 5 minutes or so.
The puncture seems to heal over a few days but starts bleeding significantly if I scrap the scab for example while combing my hair. Two weeks ago a "sack" of what i believed was blood developed over the puncture. It has not bled since. In the shower yesterday I removed this "sack" of what turned out to be a growth of skin (skin tone with no blood inside). I'm concerned now. What could this be?
This sack was actually 'hematoma' which you developed after puncture of scalp skin.Hematoma is a localized collection of blood outside the blood vessels, usually in liquid form within the tissue. Some time it appears like a sac or cyst however its discriminating feature is that it dissolves with the passage of time (as blood is reabsorbed by the surrounding vessels).So for now as this hematoma is already resolved so there is nothing to worry .
Hope it helped.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there any need for me to visit my doctor for further follow up?
As there no bleeding,fever or any sign of inflammation then there is nothing to worry .No need of follow up.