Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States

back..diarrhea no blood nothing... what do you think...last night

hello I am back one last time..

I am having some diarrhea..( have eaten a lot of oatmeal and on antibiotics) but this am..it seemed when I wiped a teeny tiny spot looked a bit reddish..but nothing else...through any of the diarrhea no blood nothing...

what do you think...last night I had much more diarrhea and it all looked fine..

I Did have a some red wine last night??

think I am ok...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.
Hi Roxy,

What antibiotic are you on?
Does the anal area feel irritated from the diarrhea?

Dr abby
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on doxycycline I am doing a frozen emrbyo transfer cycle...for IVF

it does feel a bit irritated...yes... bit burning

this little red wasnt all the way through just looked a bit red...but then again could of been a lighter brown that cast a shade of red??

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.
The diarrhea could be from the doxycycline...

I don't think the reddish color was from the red wine. If it were the entire stool should have been discolored.

If it were truly a bit of blood, I suspect it is from a hemorrhoid or anal irritation secondary to diarrhea.

If you aren't even certain it was red, I wouldn't give it a second thought (easy for me to say, I know).

Try putting a bit of hemorrhoid cream on the outside of the anus for the burning.

Dr Abby

If you are satisfied with my help, please remember to click accept. Thank you!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

when the doc did a rectal the other day...he said i didnt have any hemorrhoids...

but I sometimes do feel irritation itching and burning in my anus...

I am sure it is fine...if it were bloody diarrhea would it be all the way through it???

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it would be all the way through if you had bloody diarrhea. You would not miss it.

If there really was a spot of blood, it was probably from the irritation.

Dr Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience: Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

awesome thanks...

thats what I figured as there was no blood in the toilet at all.........

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome!

Good luck, by the way, with the IVF.

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks our 1st cycle failed...

so now e are doing an frozen cycle but the success rate is very low with frozen...so we will see ;)

thank you