Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

Hello, I have a rash in between my breasts. It is red, splotchy,

Customer Question

I have a rash in between my breasts. It is red, splotchy, and very itchy. The skin is a bit peely.. I believe it may be a fungal infection of some kind? I have had this rash off and on for months. It will clear up a little (never completely) and then come back. I have tried keeping the area clean and dry. I have tried cortisone cream, OTC antifungal creams, powders and sprays for jock itch, and just regular unscented lotion. Nothing seems to clear it up. Any suggestions you have would be fantastic. This rash is embarassing and extremely uncomfortable.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.

When the rash clears up with antifungal treatment, it can be fungal infection. It usually occurs due to sweating or moisture, specially in warm weather. 3-4 weeks of continuous application can help. Often needs a longer period of treatment. Occasionally prescription grade antifungal ointment or oral medication may also be necessary. The other possibility can be allergy. You can search whether any new dress or perfume can precipitate the symptom. As they do not show any improvement, consult a dermatologist for examination and definitive diagnosis and treatment.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.