Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

i am a college student and i have a hard time concentrating

Customer Question

i am a college student and i have a hard time concentrating on subjects like algebra, and doing research for papers, with algebra i try to learn it but i cant get it and i keep getting bad grades on my work, so i get discouraged and now i try to sit down in a quiet room to get into the book, i start reading and soon after i start reading i start thinking about other things and i never get anywhere on my learning. is their anything i can do to try to fix this?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 5 years ago.

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

I would recommend that you consult a psychiatrist as the best option. It sounds that you MIGHT have ADD.

Anthony Bray MD :

If this is the case then you may benefit from one of several medications such as Strattera, or Ritalin as a couple of examples.

Anthony Bray MD :

You distracted experience could be for some other reason and the psychiatrist would be best equipped to check you out further in this regard.

Anthony Bray MD :

The evaluation would likely consist of interview and filling out one of more questionnaire.

Anthony Bray MD :

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

Anthony Bray MD :

I will be ahppy to get back with you.

Anthony Bray MD :

If my answer hasbene helpful and to your asatisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD