Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
23717712

job that is extremely physical at times

I am a 52 year old male with no health problems. I have a job that is extremely physical at times. Tylenol and Ibuprophen are no longer helping. I need pain relief to function and sleep when my job gets to be too much.
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

There are actually a lot of medications on the market which are available as prescription medicine for pain control.

Some are narcotics, others are simply anti-inflammatory medications. For example, Ibuprofen can be written as 800 mg (which equals to 4 over-the-counter medications) but besides Ibuprofen there are other anti-inflammatory medications that can help - Celebrex, Meloxicam, etc.

Also, if you have a specific location that hurts (for example, low back or knee), you can use a new wonderful product called Diclofenac get - its an anti-inflammatory gel that you put on topically to a location that hurts.

If you are not planning to take pain medication on regular basis, you can discuss with your doctor a prescription for a narcotic such as Tramadol or Vicodin or Tylenol #3. These medications help with pain and best used on the "as needed" basis, not daily (daily use over years can cause addiction). So if there are days that have been more physical or you are in more pain then usual, these are the medications which will be most helpful.

I hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please do click "Accept" button so that I may get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,

Julia

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can you write me a perscription

No, unfortunately this website does not provide prescription service. We are here to answer questions and give you suggestions and ideas, however, prescribing medication without examining you and not knowing you would be illegal and unethical.

I suggested different options which you can discuss with your physician and he/she may give you a prescription.

Hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can assist you further.

If I answered your question, please do click 'Accept' button so that I may get credit for my work.

Julia