Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Im interested in taking the Xyng diet pill but am concerned

I'm interested in taking the Xyng diet pill but am concerned about the ingredients & am wondering if it is safe. I am most concerned about the phenylethylamine hcl & vanadium. I have listed the ingredients below.

Vitamin B6 (8mg) ,Calcium (40mg), Magnesium (20mg), Chromium (240mcg)

Jet black cocoa seed extract, barley grass, kelp, geranium flower extract (1,3 dimethylpentylamine), trace mineral complex, phenylethylamine hcl (642mg)

Caffeine (180mg), Vanadium (20mcg)

Metabolizing blend: concentrated vegetarian amylase, protease & lipase (5mg)

Thank you so much for your help!
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Physician replied 5 years ago.
There is no scientific evidence that this product (or the individual ingredients) are going to be effective in producing weight loss. I would not advise any of my patients or family members to use such a product.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you! Could you describe in greater detail why you would not advise patients to take these pills? Are there any ingredients that are harmful or could have serious side effects?
There are two issues with any substance taken for treatment:
  • Is the treatment effective - there is no science to suggest that this is going to be effective
  • Safety - these products have never had any testing to confirm lack of side effect, interactions with other medications.
Unless a "medication" is safe AND effective there is no way that I am going to recommend someone use this.