Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

I have a burning pain in the tip of my penus, and have had

I have a burning pain in the tip of my penus, and have had this for 3-4 days now. I do not have any pain while urinating or any other symptoms. One week ago I did receive a "hand job" from a massage parlour (no other contact besides her hands), but have read this is basically no risk for an STD. What could be the cause of this pain? Am I mistaken about the low risk for an STD from the experience I describe?
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,
Greetings.A urethral infection or a UTI would be the commonest cause,could be trichyomoniasis/chlamydia or other bacterial infections .Infections of the prostrate would also need to be ruled out as also Non Gonococcal Urethritis(NGU).Other causes would include uretric calculi/stones,bladder stones and urethral stones.Urethral mechanical irritation due to hard sex/excessive mastrubation,damage/injury to the urethral meatus and urethral polyps/strictures are other causes which need to be considered.Your GP/PCP can examiner and investigate you by a routine and microscopic tests,urine culture and drug sensitivity to identify the concerned bacterial infection and the best antibiotic for it,a ultrasound/CT scan for stones and anatomical pathology and a digital rectal examination(DRE) for prostatitis.The treatment will be specific to the cause found.
in all probability,a UTinfection or irritation at the urethral tip would be the probable cause.A physical examination and a course of antibiotics should probably clear the problem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Am I mistaken about the low risk for an STD from the experience I describe?
A STD would be unlikely if only the hand was involved as described by you.If all other tests are normal,a STD panel may be done,but preferably after a UTI and other problems which are more likely are ruled out.