Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

i feel like my brain is shutting down

Customer Question

i feel like my brain is shutting down
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 5 years ago.

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

From what you have told me, I feel like you could be having some associated anxiety with the fact that you are having difficulty with the stuffy nose right now. If your brain was not getting the amount of oxygen it needed, you would not be able to communicate this well with me on this website as you would most likely be experiencing disorientation, difficulty with talking, even difficulty walking and syncope (fainting or losing consciousness). I'm glad you have had yourself checked out and I think this may be self-limiting. However, if you start to experience any of the symptoms I have mentioned it might be prudent to follow up with your Dr.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK I have a confession to make my name isXXXXX brother Rhodri is experiencing these symptoms at the moment. He's coherent, maybe a bit quiet but I am very worried about him. He's not one to complain, this is the first time I've ever seen him complain about his health in fact. He has been quite stressed lately but the fact that my dog won't leave him alone suggests to me that there is a medical problem which my dog can sense.
Ok, thanks for the reply. While dogs have been known to detect illness, I think in this case, I would rely on more solid symptoms. If you've had yourself checked out, then unless you have more to go on other than the stuffy nose and possible anxiety from not being able to breathe well, I'd hold off on putting too much faith in the dog's senses right now.