911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

fisher paykel sleepstyle 200 error code ES1

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Fisher & Paykel SleepStyle 200 Auto CPAP. I have an issue I'd like to troubleshoot. For the last two weeks after I start the machine by pressing On/Off button I am getting a flashing code "ES1", when I press the On/Off button a second time after the "ES1" it starts up. It seems to be working. The range is set for min 5 max 16, I have a 54AHI, and these are my doctors prescribed settings. Is there a setting I need to change or check? What does it mean, and how do I fix it? Thanks.
Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 5 years ago.

911Doctor :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer,

911Doctor :

i have tried to find an answer for you and the best i could do was this....

911Doctor :

LINK

911Doctor :

I don't expect that this is a satisfactory answer and do not expect you to click 'accept' but it is a place to start.

911Doctor :

also, calling the provider of your CPAP... the local office woudl be another good way to get this straightened out.

911Doctor :

if you would like me to i will open this up for others.

911Doctor :

best

JACUSTOMER-dnnhlepz- :

Thanks anyway, I guess I have to purchase another from a third party per Fisher Paykel support. Because this is a medical device, they do not share technical info with patients for self monitoring or settings control, even if I own the machine and will be required to use it for the rest of my life.

911Doctor :

would you like me to opt out and see if anyone else can help you?

JACUSTOMER-dnnhlepz- :

No, that's OK - unless you have a CPAP expert on hand. I'll have to go to a third party vendor for support. It's a medical and insurance industry sham, where a middle man get's an unnecessary piece of the revenue and patients don't have the right to care for themselves.

JACUSTOMER-dnnhlepz- :

Thanks again

911Doctor :

no worries.