Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

what is the best solution for tendinitis

what is the best solution for tendinitis?
dear customer,

How long are you suffering from it?
did you consult a doctor yet or take any drugs?
Dear customer,

The tendonitis can be treated with the use of NSAID pain killers, cold compress, exercise, steroid injection and in some cases surgery of the affected joint.

You may start with the antiinflammatory drugs like motrin, advil etc and apply ice over the area.The steroid injection may be given in cases not responding to oral drugs.

Here is the link for more information

treatment of tendonitis

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this is my grandmom and she went to the doctor and he gave her painkillers that make her sleepy and nauseous and he said there is no other solution
Dear customer,

The pain killers like motrin, advil etc may be tried initially along with cold application of ice. It will help her in the symptoms.The rest to the joint is also recommended.

If the symptoms do not get controlled then you may consult an orthopaedics doctor for the steroid injection which will help in the symptoms.The surgery is required only in some cases.

Let me know if you need any more information

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
but she feels better with warm water instead of cold for some reason. Is that normal?
Dear customer,

Yes it is normal since the warm sensation of the water causes the decreased appreciation of pain at the spinal level.But to decrease the inflammation the cold compress is recommended.

Thank you