Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management

For the last three months I get sick in the mornings Not every morning

For the last three months I get sick in the mornings Not every morning but, most. When i throw up it is usually all liquid no color. I have lost my appetite. Eating makes me sick sometimes. I have had problems with stomach ulcers in the past but this feels totally different. There is no stomach pain. Just cant eat much and have lost 25lbs since this startes happening.
Category: Health
Expert:  Valarie replied 5 years ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your question, and welcome.

When you had stomach ulcers in the past, did you have treatment, and if so, what was it?

Also, do you have any abdominal discomfort at all (where and what type)?

Do you notice more nausea after eating, have you noticed what type of foods cause this?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When I was treated for ulcers I was given protonix and was told everytime i have a slight hunger to go ahead and have a snack. I havent had a ulcer flare up for six years. No Pain at all of any sort. When this first started it was always in the morning. Like i said it was just nothing but liquid and usually i only retch two or thre times. No stomach pain after unlike my ulcers were. I havent noticed any foods that would cause this. But yesterday everytime i was hungry and went to eat i would feel nauseas then feel full with hardly eating. I am a very active person i work hard and outdoors. I live an active life. I weighed 225 three months ago an now im down to 192 without diet or exercise just this symptom i guess. Mornings was usually when i get most sick. But, last night i got sick for the first time at night. I do feel nausea after eating sometimes. But most of the time im fine.
Expert:  Valarie replied 5 years ago.

Your weight loss is not yet what is called "significant", but 33 pounds in 3 months is still quite a bit.

When you had ulcers before, were you tested for H.Pylori? If not, you need this done. It can be tested for with a breath test, or blood test. It is a bacteria that causes stomach ulcers and needs to be treated with an antibiotic.

There are, of course, many other possibilities. Liver, gallbladder, pancreas as well as stomach and intestinal issues can cause these symptoms.

At this point, given that you are actively losing weight and vomiting, you really do need to see a doctor and have some tests done. This is nothing to guess at right now.

In the meantime, try to eat small frequent meals with very little fat.