Valarie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  36+ yrs exprience medical, surgical, wound/skin care, nutrition, geriatrics, rehab, management

I have been using a catheter for the past 2 months twice a

I have been using a catheter for the past 2 months twice a day to help shrink my bladder. It seems to be working well, also I have been utaking Flomax once day. I was wondering if you have ever heard of either of these two things affecting your ejaculating. When ever I have an orgasm hardly any or no semen comes out and I am becoming concerned about this.
Category: Health
Expert:  Valarie replied 5 years ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer with your question, and welcome.

Flomax has a listed side effect of "abnormal ejaculation", which includes decreased ejaculation, ejaculation failure, and retrograde ejaculation. In the clinical trials done, this side effect seemed to be dose related, which means a lowering of the dose and stopping the drug may reverse the situation.

However, this medication may be very necessary for your health condition being treated, so you should discuss this with your doctor before deciding to make any changes.