Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

What could feeling an urgent need to urinate but not really

What could feeling an urgent need to urinate but not really being able to urinate mean? is it a symptom of something?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 5 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Since how long you have this symptom?
Is there pain/burning in urination?
Ever blood in urine?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's not me, but my partner. maybe a couple of weeks? There is no pain or blood. He just mentioned he finds it more frequent. He feels like he has to urinate then a little or nothing comes out.

Thanks for the info given.The symptoms you have described about your partner is due to a condition called prostatitis it means inflammation of the prostate gland.Acute prostatitis is usually caused by a bacterial infection of the prostate gland. Following tests are required: digital rectal examination (DRE),prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test,rectal ultrasound and prostate biopsy,urine flow.

Treatment includes a four-week course of antibiotics,anti inflammatory medications.So I advice for him to consult urologist for examination & prescription medication accordingly.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-

Dr.Charles

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks doctor, could there be other causes perhaps?
Other less likely causes are calculi(stone formation), urinary tract infection,cystitis.But most likely & most probably this is inflammation of the prostate gland. It is completely curable with course of antibiotics. So I advice for him to consult urologist ASAP.

Also please don't forget to click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.Charles