Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

having great success with xenical (orlistat) however I am experiencing

having great success with xenical (orlistat) however I am experiencing annoying teeth and gum pain. what can I do for this and is it dangerous to continue the drug
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

When did you start taking it?
Are you taking 60 mg or 120 mg?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
3 weeks 120mg 3x a day when I eat
Thanks for the info given.I had started working your question. Please stay online, I will post your answer in a couple of minutes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the info given.The tooth & gum pain you are having is due to side affect of orlistat.Generally, the side effects occurred within three months of starting therapy.Various research have stated that in about 50% of patients, the side effects resolved within one to four weeks.In most of the patients, all side affects get resolved as the time passes upto 3-5 months.

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you can take it for long term(with prescription of your doctor),& the pain will subside by itself within next few weeks. Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC without prescription.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.