Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

I had a coronary calcium score done today with a result of

I had a coronary calcium score done today with a result of 218. Left main was o, LAD was 135.71, The LX was 72.18 and the RCA WAS 0. What does all this mean?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 5 years ago.

Coronary calcium scoring is a test to check for the buildup of calcium in plaque on the walls of the arteries of the heart (coronary arteries).

The extent of coronary artery disease (CAD) is graded according to your calcium score:

Calcium Score Presence of CAD
0 No evidence of CAD
1-10 Minimal evidence of CAD
11-100 Mild evidence of CAD
101-400 Moderate evidence of CAD
Over 400 Extensive evidence of CAD

A score between 101-400 indicates moderate evidence of CAD (coronary artery disease. At 218, your overall score falls into this range.

Taken individually, in the left anterior descending (LAD) artery, your score falls in the moderate range, the left circumflex coronary artery (LX)is in the mild range and there is no evidence of calcification in the left main and the right coronary arteries (RCA).

Going by this test, you have a mild to moderate coronary artery disease.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask a followup question if necessary. If not, please click the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.