Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

Plastic Surgeon and was told to call a dermatologist

Trying to find a surgeon in Phoenix, AZ area that performs surgery for STAGE 4 decubitus ulcers. I called a Plastic Surgeon and was told to call a dermatologist. Neither seem to know who performs surgery.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Singh :

Hello, You will need to see a General Surgeon for surgical care of the decubitus ulcer. You may need surgical debridement of the ulcer to help with healing and this is usually done by general surgeons. If this does not work, reconstruction may be needed. Please use the following link to find one in your area: http://doctor.webmd.com/physician_finder/home.aspx?sponsor=core

Dr. Singh :

I hope this helps. Please click "accept" if no further questions.