Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I just noticed a lump on my outer arm right below my elbow.

I just noticed a lump on my outer arm right below my elbow. It is sore to the touch. I don't remember bruising it but I did lift weights today. Any ideas?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Did you develop the lump today or you just noticed it accidentally? How big is the lump and can you move it? Any redness or skin color change?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No redness or skin color change. I think it just developed today.It is sore to the touch.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Do you think it has any relation with elbow?Any difficulty bending elbow?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No difficulty bending elbow. I did lift extra weights today. Its about 1/2 inch and not hard. Its sore to the touch and alittle sore in surrounding area.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information. Based on your description, this lump could be due to trauma/excess press or bursitis which can present with pain, tenderness, and swelling in the surrounding area. You can use RICE therapy for few days and see if you feel better. Rice therapy increase (Rest, ice application, compression and elevation). Some other possibilities would be cyst or lipoma.

Press "ACCEPT" button if my answer was useful to you. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is lipoma?
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 5 years ago.
Lipoma is a fatty lump and are benign in nature. They can cause pain and tenderness whenever there is inflammation.