Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

Ended up with a sharp muscle spasm in my right thigh tonight,seems

Ended up with a sharp muscle spasm in my right thigh tonight,seems to have subsided.. just started a new medication, anti-biotic took it about 2-2 1/2 hrs ago.. not sure if its the medication causing the pain or not..but there is a hard spot in my leg where it hurts.. not sure if thats just the muscle that tightened up or what not.. but wow.. any insight?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just answer!
I would like to get more information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Which antibiotics are you taking? Is the pain & spot located in the same area where you had spasm? Do you feel pain when you press in that area? Any difficulty in walking?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its Azithromycin, just took the two doses tonight that you take on the first night. Yes pain is where the spasm was, its not that theres pain when i press on it, but it feels hard. If i hit a certain spot, theres a slight sting? No difficulty walking.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the information. Based on your description, you do not have any alarming features at this time. Pain and discomfort along with hard feeling in that area is due to muscle spasm. You can take OTC pain meds along with ice application and heating pad for symptomatic relief. You will see gradual improvement within few days. At any time, if you see swelling, redness, localized severe pain or difficulty in walking, please consider doctor visit.

Press "ACCEPT" button if my answer was useful to you. This is the only way I can get credit for my time with you. I am still available to help you if you have any follow up question.
Thank you for visiting just answer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you :) got a little nervous there for a min LOL wanted to make sure i wasnt having an embolism or something of the sort.. it was just wow.. the spasm stopped, now my leg just feels funny lol but i suppose thats to be expected.. im on my feet all day, spend my nights relaxing at my computer doing school work.. I cant remember if i was sitting my foot or not and had my leg over the foot lol so maybe that had something to do with it.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 2 years ago.
I think you are asking about the possibility of blood clots, as per your description I don't think that it is blood clots related problem because blood clots present with severe pain, tenderness, swelling, redness and difficulty in walking. Your description match the muscle spasm related pain and discomfort.
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience: Years of experience in patients' management.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok :) thank you :) just making sure!:) have a good night!