DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

chest..angiogram and found 2 arteries in my heart with major blockage

I was hospitalized in july 2010 for chest pains. they did a angiogram and found 2 arteries in my heart with major blockage. the first was 95% blocked and the second was 70% blocked. The doctor doing the angiogram wanted me to have a double bypass. This was discussed with another doctor and he refused to do the bypass because he said I drank to much beer.(1 to 4 a day) He said that I would go into withdrawls and most likely die. They put me back on the table and stinted themost blocked artery. When i met with my cardiologist 2 months later he asked why they only stinted the 1 vesel and i said i did not know. then i told him the story of the beer and withdrawls and he said he never heard of such a thing. I also asked my regular doctor and he could not believe it either. Six months later i was back with the same simptoms and the doctor on staffIi would not believe that i had any problems with my heart. He was going to send me home with pain pills and i refused to go. He discussed this with another doctor and he said the same thing. I again refused and told them i had been through this before and i was not leaving unit they fixed me. They bother talked to the docter who did my last stints and he said to do a angiogram and find out what was wrong. They did and the vesel that was 70% blocked before was almost totally blocked. Now they put a stint in it. I feel they should have done this the first time. I would like your opinion on this as I am paying twice.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 5 years ago.
which arteries were these is the question
unless they were small branch arteries then both should have been stented.
70% in a main artery is an indication to stend

That is about the extent of it.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please click accept to give answer credit and compensation. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.