Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
8708167

On Friday night I drank wine which had been sitting, uncorked,

On Friday night I drank wine which had been sitting, uncorked, for some time. As a result I've become very sick. At first I threw up, (didn't pass out), I sipped water & ate nothing. I've felt some what nautious, but mostly very unstable...sorta dizzy...ever since. Today is Monday and I'm still feeling about the same and wondering if not eating and drinking plenty of water to flush it out is the best approach.
I live alone alone, and am 69. Also I am cured of any future drinking whatsoever.

Thank you, XXXXX
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 5 years ago.

DrTharun :

Hi

DrTharun :

Any loose stools or blood in stools ?How is your blood pressure and pulse? Any fever? Any abdominal pain?Any medications you are on?

Customer:

As yet I've had not bowel movement since the drinking. I use only an inhaler for asthma control.

Customer:

Temp: 97.2 blood pressure: 149/86 I am 5ft, 8.......170 lbs

DrTharun :

It sounds like a case of severe food poisoning with gastritis(inflammation of inner lining of the stomach ).It is better to see a doctor before irreversible dehydration sets in as you are still not able to eat and nauseous .The persistence of symptoms warrant a visit to doctor who can start on appropriate treatment like antibiotics and antacids to control the infection as well as vomiting