DrThomasMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director

I have a cut on the side of my mouth that I thought to be a

Customer Question

I have a cut on the side of my mouth that I thought to be a cold sore at first...It isn't itchy, just hurts now...I have been putting Abrevia, alcohol & perioxide on it to see if it helped, but so far nothing helps.

Do you have any suggestions I could try? Also anything salty almost knocks me out if it touches it...oh my it hurts then very bad.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrThomasMD replied 5 years ago.
use an antibiotic ointment at this point as you might have secondary infection with staph.
if an OTc does not work then mupiricin which you can get from the doc...covers staph well.
good luck

Let me know if you have further questions

Please click accept to give answer credit and compensation. Come back if needed. Bonuses and positive feedback most helpful. Answers for informational purposes only, not to replace your physician advice or visit.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

To Dr. Thomas Md

Thank you for the help. I got some ointment from the clinic last night & it is working...I can't believe how quickly it worked. The doc there totally agreed with what you said that it was infected from a sunburn that cracked my lips & subsequently caused irratation.

I am very thankful you knew what it was so fast..Now that I have the right stuff on it things look better.

you are welcome
good luck