Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

Pain in left arm and numbness in left calf, is it heart re

Customer Question

Pain in left arm and numbness in left calf, is it heart related?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

Since how long you have these symptoms?
Do you have pain in chest?
Is there any pain in calf muscle?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no consisent pain, every once in awhile (maybe 3 - 4 times a day) i will get a sharp pain in my chest around the pec muscle... Pain in left calf is in the dead center on the back of the leg, i would say mid height and favoring the right to center of the calf

Thanks for the info given.You need to go to ER now.The symptoms you have described can be due to angina.It occurs when heart is not getting enough blood and oxygen.It is most often caused by blockages in the arteries that supply blood to your heart.Angina may feel like pressure or squeezing in your chest.Stable angina isn't a heart attack,but it makes a heart attack more likely in the future.Pain in calf muscle can be due to blood clots.Other probable cause can be:calf strain,rupture of tendons,circulation disorders,thrombosis,nerve root compression,Deep vein Thrombosis(DVT),nerve compression syndromes.Blood clots can form is the deep veins of the leg,causing a blockage in circulation.This may cause pain in the calf.

All types of chest pressure or chest pain should be checked by the doctor to rule out any heart disease.You need some blood tests & EKG.,stress test,CT coronary angiography,ultrasound scan of the leg, D-dimer blood test, doppler studies.So I advice you to go to ER for these tests & treatment will be done accordingly.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.