Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician

My daughter fell and hit her head against the wall 6 days ago.

Customer Question

My daughter fell and hit her head against the wall 6 days ago. She had no pain and any simptoms of a concussion. 4 days later she become nauseas, headache and start to forget things. We took her to a GP and he refer her to a Neurosirgeon. He did a MRI scan and said theres nothing wrong she only had a concussion. Since then 2 days after the scan she sleeps the whole time, she is weak, she cant even use her arms. She got amnesia and it is getting worse! Cant something else be wrong?
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.

Did she fell- dizzy after injury?
Nose / ear bleed?
Breathing discomfort after injury?
Is she having continuous nausea?
Numbness in arm?
What is her age?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She is 13 years, 6 months. Numbness in arms and legs. Nausea is better. There was no simptoms direct after injury. It only started 4 days later with nausea, headache, sleepy, amnesia and numbness in leggs and arms.
Well, as she already gone for MRI and it was clear so i would not worry for any serious issue.
Her symptoms can be possibly due to- Nerve compression in spine.
Spine can be compressed at the time of injury. It is further responsible for numbness in arm and legs.
She should take rest and you can wait for 2-3 days.
In case symptoms doesn't improve in next 3 days, she should be seen by doctor.

Let me know if you have more questions :) Please click Green "ACCEPT" button on this page so that I get credit for my work.
Your Positive feedback and BONUS are always welcome.

Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi dr. Thanks for previous advice but she is getting sicker and they did some blood test. Her symptoms are fatigue,nausea,headaches,low blood pressure,pain in legs and arms,sometimes nosebleeding,sore throat,weightloss. The bloodresults were Co2 a little low, RBW a little high, IgE levels very high, IgG4 very high. We also discovered lumphnodes under her arm. Please help!
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Fernando has opted out to attend to other matters. Low CO2 can just be from hyperventilation. The most common cause of high IgE is allergies. IgG is found in viral infections and in bacterial infections. I assume you mean RDW. Without the other blood test results it is meaningless.

Has she been checked for Epstein-Barr virus (mononucleosis). That would be one possible scenario.