Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

siren sound -it does not appear to be in my ears, just my brain

I keep hearing the same sound over and over in my mind - it is a siren sound -it does not appear to be in my ears, just my brain. What could possibly be the cause?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 5 years ago.

This is called Tinnitus.

There can be various causes for tinnitus - Fluid, infection, or disease of the middle ear bones or ear drum , in the older age group, damage to the nerve cells of the inner ear is a common cause. Other somewhat more uncommon causes are tumors in or near the inner ear, high blood pressure etc.

Please consult an ENT specialist for a complete evaluation.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask a followup question if necessary. If not, please click the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback will be highly appreciated.