DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD

I fell and hit my head about 10 days ago, which left a large

I fell and hit my head about 10 days ago, which left a large bump above my left eyebrow. I have consulted with Dr. Abby a few days ago and was concerned about there is still a small bump about the size of a nickel there. I have a black eye which she said to watch the following redness, tenderness or problem with my eye movement. I didn't have any of those symptoms 2 days ago. The bump has not gone done still about size of a nickel, the black eye getting better but now I am getting a slight headache. Should I be concerned and what do you suggest?
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 5 years ago.
No need to worry please continue with hot compresses.

This will go slowly.

If there is headache take tab ibuprofen.

If headache persist you get yourself examined and Get a CT-scan done.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just took a Xanex to go to sleep as I have issues with that. Should I put hot compresses on the lump, it seems to not be helping or should I try Ice? How long before I should be concerned and see a doctor? I only have Aleve, is that ok to take with the Xanex? Also, shouldn't the lump be going down not staying the same after 10 days or it's just a slow process like you said! Sorry just worried, and don't really have the money for a doctor visit as I am unemployed with no health insurance!
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 5 years ago.

yes you can take Aleve.

Ice will not help much.

It will slowly go. Wait to a week and if still persist you should get it checked.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks so much for your advice and try this and hopefully it helps!
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 5 years ago.