Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
23717712

Noticed tiny pinkish flecks on stool..not many but a few...stool

Noticed tiny pinkish flecks on stool..not many but a few...stool is med brown...soft but formed..

further inspection...no blood per say mixed in with stool just flecks of pink...and when I actually placed it on the TP...the flecks looked like tiny pieces of a flakes of food or something...and when I squished them down they fanned out...and became and orangish/pink color on the TP...could this be blood or undigested food particles??
Category: Health
Expert:  Julia Kizhner replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

What you are describing sounds like undigested food particles rather then blood. Blood in the stool would be either bright red (mostly you can see it on the toilet paper as you wipe or mixed in with the stool) or, the stool can be black (which means there is digested blood coming from the stomach).

Pinkish color is most likely secondary to something you ate. As long as there is no bright red blood coming out, you do not need to be concerned.

Please feel free to follow-up with any other questions you might have. I would be happy to assist you further.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please do click 'Accept' button so that I may get credit for my work.

Best wishes and good luck,

Julia