CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

Whem no spleen, tonsils, or adenoids, and severe sudden jagged

Whem no spleen, tonsils, or adenoids, and severe sudden jagged 1' long scar from emergency surgery to save a life, woult this be considered a "weak immune system"? He has chronic edema, recurring lymphedema, chronic fevers (usually low grade unded 100F), takes long time to get over infections, takes all prescribed and voluntary preventive vaccinations. Is this a weak immune system? And can this weakened immune system contribute to recurring lymphedema?
(FYI...Diagnoses on last question to you learned hypopituitary cause of problems. Treatment working.)

CamilleRN :

Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. The lack of a spleen certainly would have the potential to weaken the immune system, yes.Having a functioning spleen is important for immunity and over all health.

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX have another quick question. In view of his chronic edema and vulnerability to infections, is it reasonable to conclude that a "weakend immune system contributes to recurring lymphadema." I realize there is no way to determine the cause. I would like to know if the immune system a likely factor in lymphedema situations.

CamilleRN :

Yes, you are correct, One can exacerbate the other. A weakened immune system can prompt recurring lymphadema and the lymphadema can also further weaken the immune system.

Customer:

Thank you VERY MUCH. After I send this to you, I will click <Accept> to pay you. May you receive back 3-fold your kindness and help through this website. --Connie

CamilleRN : Connie.... Thank you so much:-)