Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

This is my first pregnancy and I am currently 22 weeks. My

Customer Question

This is my first pregnancy and I am currently 22 weeks. My 20 week scan showed all was well with the baby and that things were progressing as they should be. I haven't yet felt the baby move about or kick and I am starting to get a bit worried. Don't want to call the midwife or doctor if this is normal. I am worrying as lots of people are now asking have I felt the baby???
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Actually you should feel the baby just a little bit, perhaps once per day – and we as ob/gyn’s do not ask women to consciously monitor baby movement until about 30 to 32 weeks – what we call fetal kick counts.

But, I would recommend calling your ob/gyn just to get a fetal Doppler to check the fetal heart rate and if the rate is good then you do not have anything to worry about and when you hear the heart rate this will drastically decrease your anxiety too.

I hope this helps, if you have more questions, please ask

Please click on ACCEPT, thank you