Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

I have a cyst on the edge og my Virginia its very painful doc

Customer Question

I have a cyst on the edge og my Virginia its very painful doc gave me flopen capsules 500mg its no better and Iam going out of my mind if I went to the hostpital would they lance it
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Is this cyst lower in the vagina?
How big is the cyst?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about the size of a 10c (round) it seems to be deep!right hand side right at the top edge

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
This sounds like a Bartholin's Cyst and this NEEDS to have the fluid drained and you can try Warm/ Hot bathes to help release the fluid from a 'clogged' duct, but sometimes it does need to be opened and drained - and antibiotics like you were given (flopen) do NOT help.
So, try to massage and sit in warm/ hot water to try and get this to drain and once it does you feel SO much better.
I hope this helps, If you have more questions, please ask
Please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
like I said its very deep I just want to know if I went to the hostpital would they lance it. I am so over it Iam thinking of how I could stick a pin in it or somthing, Baths have not helped
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
Yes, they more than likely will 'lance' it so that you well so much better - and you do not need antibiotics for this as this is NOT an infection.
And, since baths have not helped, it is time to open and drain it.
I hope this helps, if you have more questions, please ask
Please click on ACCEPT, thank you
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 3 years ago.
And, they might put a catheter in there called a 'Word' cathether to make sure that this does not close back up.
Take care.