Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

Last night I started getting pain in my abdomen; couldnt lay..blood

Last night I started getting pain in my abdomin; couldn't lay down comfortably. Still hurts today. My biggest fear is a blood clot. I take a blood thinner - asprin. Any advice?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 3 years ago.
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

What is the exact location of pain in abdomen?
Is the pain continuous?
How is your bowel movement?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All the way across and yes, pain is continuous. Bowel movement good.
Thanks for the info given.As the pain is not very specific, the most likely cause seems to be the gastric trouble.This is not due to blood clots. To prevent gas avoid taking fried,spicy,salty,chilly food items.Don't talk and chew at the same time. This causes you to swallow air, which may cause gas.Chew food slowly and eat smaller meals.Avoid smoking & alcohol consumption.Many healthful high-fiber foods like beans, broccoli, cauliflower and brussels sprouts cause gas, so introduce them into your diet slowly.Avoid carbonated beverages, chewing gum, highly spiced foods, and too many sweets.

To get relief from gas take antacid- Gaviscon.It contains alginic acid and sodium bicarbonate. The combination of the alginic acid and bicarbonate will create a a foam barrier which floats on the stomach acid,providing great relief.Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available without a prescription.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.Charles
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This pain seems to be from something inside my abdomen, not gas, That area is quite swollen too.

Can you please describe about the exact location of swelling/pain?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Right below chest area. Hurts when bending over to pick up something. Its just not where I haver got gas before and 1st dosage of Zantac has done nothing.
Most likely the pain is due to gastritis only.It is an inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach.It is caused by a various causes like physical stresses, social habits, chemicals, and infections, excessive use of Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.Another less likely possibility is of appendicitis.If the pain is not relieved by above medications within 24 hours, then you need to go for an ultrasound to know the exact cause & treatment accordingly.

Dr. Charles, Doctor