Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

my husband had a steady pain on his head (right side, by temple

my husband had a steady pain on his head (right side, by temple above ear) he has just been starting to get them within the last week. the headaches come on out of the blue n last a few hrs at the most. sometimes it throbs or feels like needles. he says it feels like his vein in really sore by his temple. I bought him excedrin migraine and it helped one day and now he says its not helping and this is the longest the pain has been there. He gets them a few times a day. Are these migranes and what should he do for some comfort?
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I need the following information from you, so that I can provide you the best answer:

What is his blood pressure?
Does the headache gets worse by noise or light?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am unsure what his bood pressure is. I can say that I put a cold compress on him and within minutes a max of 5 minutes the cloth was warm. noise does bother him but not severely. light bothers him yes. he woke from sleeping and was squinting his eyes. said that keeping his eyes closed helped but the pain by his temple is sore to the touch.
Thanks for the info given.The most likely cause of your headache seems to be migraine or a tension headache.Primary headache accounts for about 90% of all headaches.Tension headache is the most common type of headache.It can be caused by tightened muscles in the back of the neck and scalp or in most cases the cause is unknown. Other causes can be neuralgia or temporal arteritis.Most common causes of tension headache are:stress, muscular tension, vascular dilation, postural changes,anxiety,depression,low level of endorphins. Also he might have high blood pressure.

Treatment includes NSAID's like (ibuprofen),Triptans such as sumatriptan (Imitrex), rizatriptan (Maxalt).The triptan with the longest history of use is sumatriptan (Imitrex).So I advice for him to make an appointment with doctor for tests like CT scan & other blood tests to rule out/diagnose the causes.Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC without prescription. Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Regards-
Dr.Charles
Please click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
when he got this one today he bent over said it made him feel sick to his stomache also was sweating a bit too in a matter of seconds, are these part of symptoms for migranes?
This kind of headache disorder doesn't necessarily produce head pain but causes abdominal distress, nausea and vomiting.Symptoms like Nausea and vomiting, GI upset are common with migraine attacks.So this might be related to his migraine headache.So I advice for him to make an appointment with doctor for tests like CT scan & other blood tests to rule out/diagnose the causes & treatment accordingly.Also please don't forget to click green ACCEPT BUTTON so I can be paid for assisting you. BONUS and Positive Feedback are always greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Dr.Charles