Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

The last few months my nasal passages have been pretty dry.

The last few months my nasal passages have been pretty dry. So dry that I have gotten 4 nose bleeds over the past 2 weeks. ( all from the same nostril.) After the fourth I decided trip to my doctor's office was in order. While at my doctor's office he told me he could see the source of the bleeding. I was told to spray afrin in my nose 3 times a day and use a saline nasal gel to moisturize the nostril. Is there anything else I can do? How about a humidifier in my room while I sleep at night?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.

Humidifier can help to prevent dry nose while sleeping. Saline drop is good. Afrin can be used as directed, do not use more as excess of it can cause rebound congestion and can worsen the situation. If the symptoms persist you will need to consult ENT doctor.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there a brand of a humidifier you recommend?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
Different brands are available. If you use air conditioner at home then you can adjust humidity there. Otherwise some humidifiers like Air O Swiss ultrasonic humidifier, Germ Guardian, Graco are good models.