Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

Are there glands on either side of the clitoris that can become

Are there glands on either side of the clitoris that can become inflamed?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 5 years ago.
yes, there are glands all over the surface of the labia, near the clitoris and the entrance to the vagina. They make secretions to keep the tissue supple and flexible..
So, where are glands, there also can be inflammation when the glands get clogged.

warm regards

Please click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON for every answer that you find helpful. It you need more clarification, just ask. It allows me to help people like you Laughing
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do the glands get unclogged? I am concerned that I have some pressure in that area.
well, you can apply a warm compress to the area, or better yet, you can sit in a warm bath. This will help the material come to a head and come out. Most of the time these just resolve on their own
If this does not work and if it gets more red and painful, you may need to see a doctor. Sometimes we have to drain these (I have done this a number of times)

warm regards