Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

i have had gas now for 5 days , tried everything to get it

i have had gas now for 5 days , tried everything to get it gone, any suggestions
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 5 years ago.
Hi
are you having normal bowel movements? any other medical problems or medications?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

meds are as follows, metformin, lisinopril, pravastatin. aspirin, had stroke in 2910, have4 type 2 bowel i would say has been sluggish , not as often. am getting a lot of pain around top of stomach, chest area

are you having normal bowel movements in the past few days?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no not really , once in 3 days
well, the most common cause of gas is constipation. Because the gas is not traveling through.
So I would recommend that you take a laxative, something easy like milk of magnesia to help you have a bowel movement

As well, here is a list of foods which cause a lot of gas- you may want to avoid them for now:

Legumes: Especially dried beans and peas, baked beans, soy beans, lima beans
Milk Products: Milk, ice cream, cheese
Vegetables: Cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cucumbers, sauerkraut, kohlrabi, asparagus
Root Vegetables: Potatoes, rutabaga, turnips, radishes, onions
Fruits: Prunes, apricots, apples, raisins, bananas
Cereals & Breads: Cereals, breads, pastries, and all foods containing wheat and wheat products. Check labels
Fatty Foods: Pan-fried or deep-fried foods, fatty meats, rich cream sauces and gravies, pastries, and any high-fat food. Check labels.
Liquids: Carbonated beverages, fizzy medicine

And, of course alcohol.

http://www.gicare.com/diseases/Gas.aspx

Yes, this does mean a lot of different foods, but I would try to take a really good look at this list and see what you can cut back. As you can see, a lot of them are likely in your regular diet.

Please click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON for every answer that you find helpful. It you need more clarification, just ask. It allows me to help people like you Laughing