Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate

my eyes..vaginal discharge but I went to my Gyn..came back normal

$20 bonus for answered question please. I have a verrrry strong ammonia smell "down there" to the point where it is burning my eyes when I go to the bathroom. I thought maybe it's vaginal discharge but I went to my Gyn and my all my tests came back normal and there's no infection. I think it's urine. Whatever it is, it literally bleaches my underwear and even after washing my them it looks like someone poured bleach on my underwear? I have other symptoms too but not sure if related any input would be great thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
This is probably intermittant BV - bacterial vaginosis which is due to a pH imbalance and you might want to consider using an over counter product called RepHresh with Lactobaccilis acidophilus and place the cream or preferably the pill portion in your vagina once or twiice a day for at least 14 days/nights and then use as necessary.
I hope this helps, Please click on ACCEPT, thank you for your questions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
but I just went to the gyno and was tested for BV while I was having the symptoms. If it is my urine, what could be causing this?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
If in the urine could be E Coli, Proteus or Kleibsiella
But many times you do not necessarily test positive for BV but you really do have it, so use what I recommend and see what happens.
I hope this helps, ease click on ACCEPT, thank you
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Use the products I have suggested and YOU will see that this works.
Take care - and please click on ACCEPT as you have promised...
Thank you