Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

my body..tingles..my face is lop-sided, and I have greater muscle tone

Customer Question

This has been going on for years now, at times worse than others, and at times almost nonexistant. The right side of my body has diminished feeling, occasionally tingles, and seems weaker. When it is acting up more, it's very clear that my face is lop-sided, and I have greater muscle tone on my left side than my right. It's as if a line is straight up the midline of my body and everything on the right side is less ... even my tongue and lips have a very pronounced difference.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 5 years ago.
Dear customer,
Welcome to just answer.the sensation of paraesthesias like tingling and numbness of one half of the body may occur due to a variety of causes.These include migraine,Transient Ischaemic Attack(TIA),secondary to lacunar infarcts,related to acute anxiety and stress,Hypothyroidism,Diabetes,deficiency of Vitamin B12,due to peripheral neuropathy, hemiparesis due to cerebral infarction or cerebral haemorrhage.
You need to see your PCP/physician who can examine you and investigate you for the possible causes as guided by the physical findings on the neurological and physical findings.You will need a full haemogram,a CT/MRI scan of the brain,a thyroid profile,blood sugar testing,as also a consultation with a mental health professional to assess the impact of psychological stressors and anxiety.A balanced diet and regular exercise,stress reduction techniques and a relaxed life style will help .Your doctor will guide you further.