Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

I have been diagnosed with a Pappiloma on my uvula...have seen

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with a Pappiloma on my uvula...have seen an ENT, who was going to remove it surgically, however based on it's location near the soft pallet?? he is worried about scar tissue causing problems in the future, so he wants to try to treat it medically with a script or a shot of some kind...any thoughts?, i'm leaning towards getting it removed, or getting another opinion.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 5 years ago.
Well, usually they remove soft tissue swellings inside of the mouth, because oral cancer is always a concern- and it is difficult to treat once it has spread.
About 23% of them will be malignant. To be honest, to me- that is a high percentage. That is almost 1/4. At the very least I would get another opinion..

warm regards

Please click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON for every answer that you find helpful. It you need more clarification, just ask. It allows me to help people like you

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here